Access Innovations, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of Version 3.10 of its Data Harmony Suite of software tools.
The Data Harmony Suite provides content management solutions to improve information organization by systematically applying a taxonomy or thesaurus in total integration, with patented content extraction methods. MAIstro™, the award-winning flagship software module of the Data Harmony product line, combines Thesaurus Master® (for taxonomy creation and maintenance) with M.A.I.™ (Machine Aided Indexer) for interactive text analysis and better subject tagging. XIS® (XML Intranet System) offers powerful content management and metadata creation tools and completes the Data Harmony Suite.
Data Harmony Version 3.10 features significant enhancements and new features throughout the software suite. These features greatly improve editorial efficiency through changes to functionality and overall clarity.
Most significantly, Data Harmony Version 3.10 now allows much easier use of the software from non-Java based platforms, such as PHP, .NET, etc. It has always been possible to connect to the software using a non-Java platform, but this allows a broader base of users easy access to the Data Harmony software.
“It is exciting for me to see these changes put into action,” said Lamine Idjeraoui, the lead software engineer of the Access Innovations programming team. “Data Harmony 3.10 has so much that will make our clients’ work easier and more efficient.”
System-wide improvements include:
- expanded API options, including JSON as a format for the getSuggestedTerms API
- an improved, modernized look and feel to the GUI, including the ability to change font style and size for improved customizability
- updated notifications
Improvements to M.A.I. include:
- color-coding and line numbering in the Rule Building screen, greatly increasing manageability of long rules
- a new dropdown suggested syntax code menu, making rule building easier and more viewable
- an expanded maximum rule length, facilitating even the most complex concepts
Thesaurus Master includes the following improvements:
- assignment of multiple facet notations to a single thesaurus term
- drag-and-drop functionality in the thesaurus view
- ability to double-click a term in the thesaurus view to change the term
XIS improvements include the following:
- unlimited search parameter fields for unlimited granularity
- multiple ways to sort search results for improved customization
- the ability to change field colors of the GUI, allowing users to highlight specific fields
“These changes to Data Harmony are outstanding. I look forward to our current and future users seeing all the improvements we have made,” states Bob Kasenchak, head of product development. “This is the best release to date. We continue to embrace OWL, SKOS, RDF, and other formats even as the platform broadens its base.”
For further information, visit www.accessinn.com.
Founded in 1978, Access Innovations has extensive experience with Internet technology applications, master data management, database creation, thesaurus/taxonomy creation, and semantic integration. Access Innovations’ Data Harmony software includes machine aided indexing, thesaurus management, an XML Intranet System (XIS), and metadata extraction for content creation developed to meet production environment needs. Data Harmony is used by publishers, governments, and corporate clients throughout the world.