The Frankfurt Book Fair is scheduled for October 19-23, 2016. Are you ready? With 275,000 visitors, 7,275 international exhibitors and 9,300 journalists and bloggers, Frankfurt is the platform for innovative business models.
The international publishing world will gather for five days for the event of the year. Again this year, it is considered “One fair for everyone: dynamic, international, relevant.”
For years, the international publishing industry has been becoming more interdependent. The Frankfurt Book Fair will reflect this development and here are a few tips to help you navigate:
- Political book fair: The new location of the “Weltempfang” (Centre for Politics, Literature and Translation) in Hall 3.1 puts it even more firmly in the spotlight
- English-language exhibitors are now located at the heart of the fair’s activities
- The Agora’s central position at the fair has been strengthened through many events and special event formats
- The halls have been divided up even more clearly according to themes and linguistic and cultural areas
- The new location of the Literary Agents & Scouts Centre (LitAg) aims to result in even more deals than in previous years
- The greater inclusion of start-ups and tertiary-sector industries is encouraging more innovative business models
Melody K. Smith
Sponsored by Access Innovations, the world leader in thesaurus, ontology, and taxonomy creation and metadata application.