The Society for Scholarly Publishing (SSP) is offering an educational opportunity at their regional event on May 2, 2018. The title of the workshop is “The Publishing Ecosystem: An Open Conversation with Researchers and Editors.” It will be held at the American College of Physicians in Philadelphia.
The feature will be a panel of STEM, and social science creators/consumers who will offer their individual perspectives on the scholarly publishing process. Using an open dialogue format rather than formal presentations, participants will look deeply into the publishing ecosystem, discuss what is important to them, and answer questions about how the community can improve and sustain growth in a mutually beneficial environment.
The panel members are:
- Dannagal G. Young, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Communication, University of Delaware
- Dr. Willie H. (Billy) Oglesby, PhD, MBA, MSPH, FRSHP, FACHE, Associate Dean for Academic & Student Affairs, Thomas Jefferson University, College of Population Health
- Dr. David Salas-De La Cruz, Assistant Professor and Faculty Director Leap Fabrication Laboratory, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey-Camden
- Aaron Sorensen, Director of Data Science Insights, Digital Science, and Scientometrics, Editor for the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, IOS Press
- Ashani T. Weeraratna, Ph.D., Ira Brind Professor, Co-Program Leader Immunology, Microenvironment and Metastasis, Melanoma Research Center, The Wistar Institute
- Christine Laine, MD, MPH, Editor in Chief, Annals of Internal Medicine; Senior Vice President, American College of Physicians, Inc.
Melody K. Smith
Sponsored by Access Innovations, the world leader in taxonomies, metadata, and semantic enrichment to make your content findable.