When you use a thesaurus for indexing context covering multiple disciplines, the need for disambiguation of terms is increased. This fact of thesaurus life was well illustrated in a presentation at this year’s DHUG (Data Harmony Users Group) meeting. The presentation, by Rachel Drysdale, Taxonomy Manager of the Public Library of Science (PLOS), was titled “The PLOS Thesaurus: the first year.”
- Well-Built Taxonomies are Core of Knowledge Management
- Pumas and Cougars and Snails, OH MY!
- Access Innovations Named in KMWorld’s Annual “100 Companies That Matter in Knowledge Management”
- Taxonomic Technology in a New Market
- Information and Data Governance/Management – Adding Ideas From Complementary Disciplines
- And We’re Off!
- Marjorie M.K. Hlava Selected to Receive Prestigious Miles Conrad Award from the National Federation of Advanced Information Services (NFAIS™)
- The Changing Challenges for Semantic Enrichment