Access Innovations, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of Version 3.11 of its Data Harmony Suite of software tools.
The Data Harmony Suite provides content management solutions to improve information organization by systematically applying a taxonomy or thesaurus in total integration, with patented content extraction methods. MAIstro™, the award-winning flagship software module of the Data Harmony product line, combines Thesaurus Master® (for taxonomy creation and maintenance) with M.A.I.™ (Machine Aided Indexer) for interactive text analysis and better subject tagging. XIS® (XML Intranet System) offers powerful metadata creation tools and completes the Data Harmony Suite.
Data Harmony Version 3.11 features significant enhancements and new features throughout the software suite. These features greatly improve editorial efficiency through changes to functionality and overall clarity.
Data Harmony Version 3.11 has added a multi-facet view, which uses a separator (such as a semicolon) to split field entries into multiple facets to give users the ability to further refine and categorize their controlled vocabulary in the Data Harmony software.
“It is exciting for me to see these changes put into action,” said Jay Ven Eman, CEO of Access Innovations. “Data Harmony 3.11 delivers big improvements to the software, many of which come from requests by our users themselves.”
System-wide improvements include:
- Improved monitors to send alerts if a server, project, or web application stops functioning, maintaining Data Harmony’s 99%+ uptime
- a redesigned Branch Export, allowing users to create lists of non-paired Related Terms for review
- improved security for APIs, with support for encrypted connections to the Data Harmony servers
Improvements to M.A.I. include:
- new functionality that allows users to search for all rules associated with a thesaurus term at once
- added a refresh button in the rule editor window that pops up when a term is deleted, allowing users to bring the deleted term and rule body back for editing
Thesaurus Master includes the following improvements:
- expanded export options, including Excel, ID delimited, and various SKOS exports
- drag-and-drop functionality in the thesaurus view
- ability to double-click a term in the thesaurus view to change the term
XIS has received an extensive redesign and update, with a new look and updated features including:
- fields will now auto-complete from an attached thesaurus or authority file as the user types
- the ability to handle Chinese characters (and all fonts in UTF-8 encoding)
- the ability to interface with more than one thesaurus project simulaneously
- Several new exports types and search fields
- Multiple views for search results
Additionally, Access Innovations is debuting new integrated applications including visualization capabilities, a robust report generator, an application that detects algorithmically written scientific papers and, most importantly, Ontology Master, a relational and class-based application for capturing knowledge domains.
“I am pleased to have been a part of these changes to Data Harmony,” states Lamine Idjeraoui, lead programmer at Access Innovations. “This is a very strong release that will make things easier and more efficient for all of our users.”
For further information, visit www.accessinn.com.
Founded in 1978, Access Innovations has extensive experience with Internet technology applications, master data management, database creation, thesaurus/taxonomy creation, and semantic integration. Access Innovations’ Data Harmony software includes machine aided indexing, thesaurus management, an XML Intranet System (XIS), and metadata extraction for content creation developed to meet production environment needs. Data Harmony is used by publishers, governments, and corporate clients throughout the world.